Fantastic detailed insider information where he:
- fauns over Atheros' HomePlug-AV turbo chip AR7400 which is IEEE 1901 compatible
- reveals that Gigle's firmware was released early due to Belkin wanting to make the Christmas rush
- claims that "DS2...appears to be on life support (or worse)" and even provides confirmation on senior VP who have left DS2
- trashes the ITU's make work project G.hn,: "unless G.hn faces up to de facto standardization reality and incorporates HomePlug AV into its specifications instead."
- speculates which HomePlug-AV silicon company Broadcom will buy
Update2: The comments section makes very interesting reading. The suggestion that the PLC industry grab the 54-88 MHz band from handful of TV stations now operating now in the US sounds good, but it is pretty clear, the PLC industry is not big enough to afford it.